Disputes are useful when a trade does not go as planned. When a dispute is started a moderator will intervene to settle the trade.
Disputes should be started in any of the following cases…
- If you are buying bitcoins, have followed the vendor instructions and paid the vendor but the vendor refuses to release bitcoins.
- If you are a vendor and the buyer is not responding and locking up your bitcoins in escrow.
- If you are a vendor and the buyer refuses to pay you or follow instructions and will not cancel the trade. To prevent this make sure to write CLEAR TERMS when you create your offer and CLEAR instructions.
A dispute can be started 3 hours after the trade begins except for the following cases
- If you are a verified vendor you can dispute instantly
- If the trade has been marked as paid within 5 minutes then a dispute can be started within 30 minutes. ( The wait is lowered because in these cases it is most likely a coin locker ) This helps sellers to get their bitcoins back to their wallet from so called coin-lockers and won’t hinder sales any longer.
Follow the below steps to start and win a dispute
- Click Dispute (actions if you are on mobile )
- Please provide a clear reason for the dispute for the moderators
- Please don’t flood the chat with dialogue or it will hold up the moderator.
- Wait for a moderator to investigate and provide evidence upon request.
- Once a decision has been made it is final, please do not contact support as they cannot deal with dispute queries. It is up to you to give all proof in the trade and you must accept the decision of a moderator according to the Paxful Terms of Service TOS.